This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
We Don't Deliver to Your Area Yet..
Thank you for supporting The GrowHaus.
We Deliver to Your Area!
Join our food access community today!
Your delivery day will be:
added to delivery
Juanita's Foods Mexican Style Hominy
Juanita's Mexican Style Hominy is prepared with ingredients of the highest quality to indulge your taste buds.
Our canned Mexican Style Hominy is made the same way it's been prepared for generations. Juanita's family hominy recipes only use the highest quality ingredients for an authentic flavor.
Juanita's Mexican Style Hominy, 25 oz
- Perfect ingredient for traditional Mexican soups, salads, casseroles, grits or other dishes
- Made without preservatives
What is Hominy?
Hominy is a traditional authentic Mexican food made from kernels of corn. It is produced using a century old process called “nixtamalization.” This is the same process Mexican cooks have used to make corn for tamales and tortillas. This is a natural process where the corn is cooked using very minimal ingredients.
Hominy is a staple in Mexican cooking, often used in Mexican soups, stews, and other dishes.
Mexican Style Hominy is an ingredient used in Slow Cooked Pork Pozole with Red Chile
- 4 oz of dried chile (choose your favorite combination or mix all three, ancho, guajillo or arbol)
- 2 tablespoons of corn oil or canola oil
- 2 pounds of boneless pork shoulder, cut in large chunks
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 25 oz can of Juanita's Mexican Style Hominy, rinsed and drained (add a second can if you want extra hominy)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 8 cups of water or chicken broth
- Optional pozole toppings: lime, shredded cabbage, radish, avocado, onion, chile flakes, tortillas or tostadas
- Remove stems and seeds from chiles and place in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan over high heat. Add pork, oregano, salt and pepper. Brown on all sides, about 6-8 minutes. Once pork is seared on all sides, place in slow cooker.
- Place soaked chiles in a blender with 1-1/2 cups of the liquid and puree until smooth. Place fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour in the chile paste through the strainer to remove any large pieces. Taste the paste and add salt and/or pepper if needed.
- Add hominy, chile paste, garlic and onion to the meat and stir well. Add 8 cups of water or chicken broth and cover.
- Heat on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve with optional toppings.