This delivery truck is empty!ADD SOME PRODUCTS
We Don't Deliver to Your Area Yet..
Thank you for supporting The GrowHaus.
We Deliver to Your Area!
Join our food access community today!
Your delivery day will be:
Firehouse Chili Mix
- All natural ingredients; no MSG, preservatives or trans-fats
- Good Sources of Vitamin A, C, Iron, Fiber & Plant-Based Protein
- Quick and easy to prepare on stove top, slow cooker, or Instant Pot®
- Certified Kosher
- Beans, a Gluten-Free Food
Beans, peas, and lentils are natural agricultural products. Despite use of modern agricultural equipment, it is not always possible to remove all foreign material. Sort and rinse before cooking.
Slow Cooker Instructions for Firehouse Chili Mix:
- Remove spice packet. Rinse and drain beans.
- Place beans into slow cooker and add 4 cups of water or broth until beans are well covered.
- Place spice packet, onion, bell pepper, garlic and olive oil into the slow cooker with the beans. Add water or broth until ingredients are covered, about 2-4 cups. Do not add the can of tomatoes yet.
- Place lid onto slow cooker and turn to high setting. Let cook for 6-8 hours or until beans are tender.
- When beans are soft, add canned tomatoes and continue to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until temperature is at your preference. If adding ground meat, brown in a skillet and add with tomatoes.
You may need to check on the soup while it’s cooking to make sure there is still enough water. If water is low and not covering the beans, add a little and continue to cook.
Learn more about cooking with beans here.